Thread: The Dark Lands

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Map The Dark Lands

Well, here it is. It's possible there could be some edits further down the line, but that will be production decisions as storyline details for the world change around. For all intents and purposes, I'm considering this done as of now. This map has been intentionally left without towns/cities/forts/interesting locations by request (this will allow individuals running their own campaigns within the setting to work things around as they see fit)

This map is Copyright 2009 by Tin Hill Press, though by posting it here, it is also available for personal use if anyone has a use for it

As noted in the WIP thread, this is a dark world (hence the name) with horror and demonic elements going hand in hand. With that in mind, I was going for a necronomicon type feel to it, with the inked in blood effect being the driving force behind the drawing style. I also worked in quite a few subtle background elements that did not appear in the WIP thread. The fonts used are EVA Hand for the border and background elements, and Bardic for the readable lettering. Mountains/Hills are partially hand drawn, partially from brushes I created from my Barovia map. Evergreen trees are from brushes created for this map, and the deciduous trees are either my trees (brushes from the Barovia map) or Ramah's - I lost track and at this scale, I honestly can't tell them apart Texturework is from my scanned tea/coffee/whatever stained paper series. Artwork used is either original (scale, compass rose, some of the background symbols) or gathered from clipart sites. Oh, and names used in the map are not my own, they were provided to me

Ok, so enjoy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	feedback.jpg 
Views:	1586 
Size:	3.11 MB 
ID:	19664  
    Last edited by Coyotemax; 12-20-2009 at 04:34 AM.

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."