Thread: Atlas style test

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    I think you can still do path from selection so maybe just stroke the whole continent and then go back and hand-do the inner lines for countries.
    Very true. I'll look more into it when I actually get to the coastlines.

So, I decided to take this style and start utilizing it for something more useful than a random map. I'm remaking my 'large overland map' from my other thread into atlas style; to use for more detailed regional maps, as it is all vector and easily scalable. I'm starting to grow fond of Illustrator

So far, the best way I've found to symbolize different natural features such as mountains are just colored regions, such as dark brown for large mountains, light brown for smaller ones and highlands, and dark green for forests. I'm thinking that I should just leave grasslands/plains as the default blueish-white color. Suggestions?

Anyways, I'm working on the Lush Expanse in the West as of right now. Most names are probably placeholders, unless I still like them when I'm finished. The scale bar is just the same scale bar from my other map, scaled up to fit the atlas map's size. I decided on 300 km instead of the 250 that is in my other thread; it seems to fit better. But I still need a more educated opinion on the scale.

CC is appreciated, as always
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	anotherone.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	3.50 MB 
ID:	19677