Thread: A thought occurs

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Yes I guess up to now we have relied upon people saying "hey how about I take that chunk" but we could do with some blocks that have been cut up from the various maps and then put these in a bucket of selected places that need mapping. At least the map ought to fit perfectly into the slot. A problem with the grab anywhere approach has been that people take odd sized bits and map them at a scale which is out of kilter to the continent as a whole and it has made it hard to fit them back in.

Just to add, also the CWBP is not just a world as in world scale thing. Its supposed to map regions, cities, villages and buildings as well. There is no reason why we cant have a town where each person maps one house for it. Thats a lot like Forgotten Realms where Elminster lives. You can see each of the FR devs or play testers characters houses.

So by extension, yeah why not. A single castle where bits were mapped by different people. No problem with that. I think its easier to map one building by one person cos they have all the masks and textures all made up but nothing stopping it.
    Last edited by Redrobes; 12-23-2009 at 08:24 AM.