Thread: Just saying hello!

Info Just saying hello!

Hello!

A bit about why I am here. I am a Dungeons & Dragons player, and for the longest time I have been just that, a player. With the coming new year, I decided it would be interesting to try DMing. I had a group of friends, who have never played before, approach me to run a campaign. I haven't had any experience doing this before, so I wanted to take this as an opportunity to broaden my artistic and creative horizons.

I want to give my players a good first experience, and what better than to create a world, or at least the part the story takes place in, for them to experience. I wanted to give them something tangible that they can feel and look at, to get a scope of where they are. So I pulled out my fountain pen and ink well and started brainstorming.

I hope to do more of my work by pen an paper than digital means. So I have lots of time over the holidays to get started! Even though this may be a one shot campaign, I still see it as a learning opportunity. I have never made maps before and I look here for inspiration and guidance, as well as critique. For starters, and to reward those of you that read this far Here is the first map I have made. It is a work in progress, as the story develops, but this is likely what I will be using for my players as the "world/area map".

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...urgundas_1.jpg

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Pretty nice and welcome to The Guild.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Welcome to the guild. Stay a while and listen...
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Thanks for the warm welcome! I am looking forward to learning a lot.