Thread: Anul - a work in progress

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Nicely done.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Blog Entries

Loving your work on this map.

If I had one criticisim, and it wouldn't be a criticism at all really because the fault lies with my own warped mind I guess.... but I cannot read the name of your world as you probably intend. I would guess it is pronounced Anool maybe? Every time I read it I see the word "anal." :s
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I had thought exactly like Ramah so I've taken to "Frenchifying" it by making it sound like An-oo-el - Anuelle. Warped minds think alike.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Quote Originally Posted by Ramah View Post
    Loving your work on this map.

If I had one criticisim, and it wouldn't be a criticism at all really because the fault lies with my own warped mind I guess.... but I cannot read the name of your world as you probably intend. I would guess it is pronounced Anool maybe? Every time I read it I see the word "anal." :s
    Haha. I did the same thing a few days ago. I changed the name of the world to "Metis." I put that in some of the background stuff I posted. The name fit better with the idea I have in general.

Thanks for all the comments. I took a few days off from working on it, but will be back on it this coming week.