Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Known World

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    I really like the overall color scheme. Though it does seem the forests are lacking something - maybe a texture of some sort *shrugs*
    They actually have a texture, but it seems it's too faint. That's something I've been struggling with. Let me experiment with some things, and I'll post the results if they look halfway decent.

Changed the texture on the forests and started adding national borders...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TheWorld4a.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	1.66 MB 
ID:	19871  

I feel the same way as Steel General and forests need tweaking. In my opinion forest should be a bit darker to stand out more, but not too much to overcome the mountains. The mountains look great and should be left as they are. Good work…

I don't have a problem with the forests. Depending on what else is going on the map before it is done, it may be better to keep them subdued. If there's going to be a lot of political/settlement mapping, better the trees not get in the way of it. I'm liking this look.

Yeah, I'm wanting to keep the forests fairly low-key, because this map is going to be extremely text-heavy when it's done. I don't want any one thing to overwhelm the map, but I guess if I had to choose I'd rather have the text dominate in a map like this. Well, once I start on the four individual quadrants and begin to add text, we'll see how it looks.

Blog Entries

I agree with Pasis. For me the forests are now too light. You can see a texture on them now but it has faded them a lot. I preferred them how they were before. And I personally don't care if it has a texture or not, I think it would be fitting with the style for the forests just to be a base colour on the map although I do wonder if it would look better with a thin stroke around them for definition.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12