Thread: Rusty, brain dead & unable to cope

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected

Thumbs are meant to be broken. Or is it rules? Win7 actually takes less memory, less space, and runs much smoother than Vista. Whether it's better than XP is another story entirely.

Can't help with the techie question, given that my geek-mana is pretty low, but I thought I'd welcome you to the Guild all the same Bloodymage.

Cheers,

-Arsheesh

The state of confusion in the pit of hell

Well, long time no see. Won't go into details, but I struggled and strugled with this machine and just got fed up with Microsoft. So now I have Linux Mint and I'm struggling and struggling with this machine. This place ain't the paradise thought it would be mainly 'cause I'm too damned old to maintain a broken-down old trailer. Anyway, as far as the OS, haven't had it long, but it's already more familiar than Vista. I have lots o' resources to figure it out. One thing I did was pop for CrossOver which is Wine-based software designed to run Windows applications. I'm quite satisfied with open source software, but I still have my CC2 and CC3, plus a whole stack o' stuff I had loaded into my Gateway.

Well, one more month in this dump, then I'm going to a house, still in the hills, but with a foundation, some room, no steps, no jungle to hack down and hopefully, I can buckle down and put my brain back to work. So, just checkin' in for now.

Btw, I'm registered and reserved for GaryCon, so I'll likely see some peeps from here in attendance.

The state of confusion in the pit of hell

Well, I'm still fightin' technology, but now it's Win 7. I don't do too badly, but I just popped for the updates to CD3 and DD3 and I'm tryin' to wrap my poor brain around CC. I have a pretty good compound map for my next GaryCon excursion. I also have a B&W "handdrawn" map for a lost silver mine and now I'm tryin' to build me a city. I also have a start on a simple overland map for a Learn to Hack session. Got to hand it you cartographers. This stuff ain't easy, but then, I'm working at a considerable disadvantage. Anyway, Guess I should show my stuff before I die.

GF1a.zip
    shooting star.zip
    Wool Be Gone Map.zip