Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Lykarnia - Big Iron Vault Commission

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Locution's Avatar

Mind blowingly awesome! Like always Ramah.

Hi Eilathen, we have a fan page on facebook. If you search "bigironvault" you can find us there. We release a lot of "inside" information on "World of Lykarnia RPG" that is not available elsewhere. You can also visit our website www.bigironvault.com but that's mostly for company information.

If you were looking for a quick run down on the RPG we can summarize it like this:

- Fast paced but yet realistic resolution for feats, combat and skills
    - We believe a good balance between class vs skill based characters: 9 occupations, modified by skills and paths which allow further modification
    - Fate, Ideology and Principles play a major role in the RPG
    - Combat is more tactical. ie. Different weapons are better at certain things such as dealing damage, penetrating armour
    - Magic is powerful but dangerous with an excellent risk vs. reward mechanic
    - In-depth character development vs. gear chasing
    - Dark humour setting where people are shades of grey vs. traditional black/white morality
    - Awesome art by El Garing, Ray Dillon and of course "Ramah"

After a few playtests (with more to come) we think its a fun experience with a rich and robust character system. Things move fast in the game and there's danger in every corner!

Enjoy every quiet minute - Lykarnia is a violent and brutal world with only your morals to guide you!
    Last edited by BigIronVault; 01-02-2010 at 04:30 PM.

Absolutely beautiful Ramah! You can almost reach out and touch the mountains. Are you going to do the forests in the same forced perspective as the mountains? That's going to be a challenge...can't wait to see the rest of this.

Blog Entries

Thanks for all the comments.

In answer to Ravells' post I thought I'd post a quick snapshot to show what the forests are going to look like on this one. The forest isn't finalized and is still a WIP but I think I'm close to locking the style down.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lykarnia - Forest2.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	255.0 KB 
ID:	19975
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Iron vault is very lucky to have you on the commission. That 'green theme' you've got going there looks like it's going to be a signature style. Love the forests too, they look really good with the mountain style. The relative scaling looks just about right.

This map so reminds me of the old Tolkien maps, but much better, IMO.

No kidding - Ramah has talent and is a great person to work with to boot!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Ah you make me sick I'll never be able to do a forest like that. Super sweet, bro, and rockin as always.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Most excellent trees...and the rest is pretty damn cool as well
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Blog Entries

I was having a play around with what I have so far on the map this afternoon and I came up with this which I think is a rather interesting departure for me, almost an inkwash effect. I quite like it.
    What does everyone else think?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lykarnia - Alternate 1.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	166.8 KB 
ID:	20016

Edit: Oh, and I know that the stroke on the river is too bold for this pastel type image, but that is in another PSD file and I was just messing around with the elements PSD.
    Last edited by Ramah; 01-05-2010 at 12:27 PM.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast