Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Lykarnia - Big Iron Vault Commission

Blog Entries

Thanks all for the kind words.

I'm glad Keith at BIV is pleased with this new direction as it wasn't in the mandate. What was requested was a Vaniya/Aronbor style map so I'm pleased I'm getting the opportunity to mix it up a little, something which I probably wouldn't have done had I been continuing work on the Vaniya regionals.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

This is one of the reasons why I like giving artists like yourself the freedom to do what they like (within reason) - you just never know what you might get!

Very happy Ramah. To be honest - unless you're busy I can see us having a long relationship out of this project. I'm planning adventure modules, supplements etc as well!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Ramah gonna get himself a gray name
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Blog Entries

Working on hilly areas.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lykarnia 7c_snapshot.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	262.1 KB 
ID:	20103
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

Anxiously waiting Ramah's next update!

I have to put my 2 cents in here as well. This is fantastic and gives me the feeling I had way back in Junior High when I started reading Tolkien and playing my first RPGs. A time before I had the stresses of paying bills and working to stay afloat. Looking at this I can almost smell the pages as I turn them to read about a world I never imagined.

Awesome job Ramah!

Thank you BigIronVault for allowing the WIP to be shared with the community.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

That's a really nice compliment, Jax. And that's why Ramah is one of the best, his style transports you away from the everyday world that we live in and takes you to a magical place.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    I have to put my 2 cents in here as well. This is fantastic and gives me the feeling I had way back in Junior High when I started reading Tolkien and playing my first RPGs. A time before I had the stresses of paying bills and working to stay afloat. Looking at this I can almost smell the pages as I turn them to read about a world I never imagined.

Awesome job Ramah!

Thank you BigIronVault for allowing the WIP to be shared with the community.
    Absolutely, I wouldn't have it any other way. I just hope that the writing does this piece justice when it is all said and done.

Blog Entries

Just a quick update to let you know that work is still ongoing on this project. This snapshot image was taken from the most recent update I sent to Keith and shows some of the coniferous forests I added as well as some light contour defining that you probably won't see.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lykarnia 9 snapshot.jpg 
Views:	386 
Size:	51.8 KB 
ID:	21498  

This is ... so gorgeous! please keep on working on this as it is going to be amazing. The depth effect is great and the use of color and shading is amazing! cheers

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast