Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Lykarnia - Big Iron Vault Commission

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Kinda hard to spot, blends into the trees, needs something to make it stick out just a bit more...maybe a lighter color or some clouds or lightning or something. Unless it's meant to be subtle, then it's perfect
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Member Facebook Connected Elothan's Avatar

Wow... Have anybody seen my jaw ? I dropped it in this thread...

Repped ofc..

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    Kinda hard to spot, blends into the trees, needs something to make it stick out just a bit more...maybe a lighter color or some clouds or lightning or something. Unless it's meant to be subtle, then it's perfect
    Hi Ascension - great idea with the clouds. It is however meant to be subtle as well. I want readers to look at it and say, "Hey that's not labelled. I wonder what that is."

Gotcha, it's perfect then. I'd expect nothing less from Ramah.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

Blog Entries

I was actually kinda worried I hadn't made it subtle enough. The original request was for a "tall, evil looking tower" but the tower I ended up drawing was quite plain looking. It needed the glow to give it some character but I wondered if it might be better to just drop the glow and go with more spikes and make it darker. It might be that I'll come back to this before it's done. We shall see.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I couldn't even tell it was a tower.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Blog Entries

Hmm, well that's not good then.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Well, no matter what it looks like, a tall pointy object with a long pointy shadow is most likely a tower. I agree that the green glow makes it look evil. Green glows usually aren't very nice things

Quote Originally Posted by moutarde View Post
    Well, no matter what it looks like, a tall pointy object with a long pointy shadow is most likely a tower. I agree that the green glow makes it look evil. Green glows usually aren't very nice things
    Adventurer 1: "I know let's go to that tower with the greeny glow!"
    Adventurer 2: "Erm that looks evil."
    Adventurer 1: "Nah don't be a chicken, it's a tower located in a thick dense forest, overshadowed by a mountain range called the Blackshroud Mountains, the air is unnaturally cold and where no animals tread, how bad could it be?"

Sounds like there is some good loot to be had...count me in.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast