Thread: WIP - Looking for commentary

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I think the map is turning out very well, Wrose, my one and only concern upon viewing it now is that the Ke'Londa Peaks are hard to distinguish as mountains. Using context clues (such as the name! and the white and gray colors), it's relatively obvious, but with no labels, it may just appear to be a blob in the center of the map, or even a crater, instead of mountains. Of course, I have no true advice to give in regards to methods you could use to bring out the mountains more. If you had some way to make them look a bit more 3-Dish, or maybe expanded them a bit on the X or Y plane to make them less of a circle, and more of a range. However, that would change your map, and that's probably not something you're interested in! Other than that, very neat map, I love when people take earth maps and arrange them accordingly to fit a campaign or world.
    Last edited by Ishmayl; 09-14-2007 at 10:46 AM.

The Campaign Builders' Guild - Part of the Alliance of Creative Communities, the Campaign Builders' Guild is your home away from home while searching for tips, reviews, criticisms, helpful hints, and resources for building a wonderful campaign setting.

Turtles All the Way Down - Blogging about Building Campaigns.

Ishmayl, I'll see what I can do. I think what may have happened is that I tried too hard to blend the edges into the remaining terrain, that ended up giving it a flattened out look. Thanks for the commentary, I'll be careful of stuff like that in the future.
    WRose