Hello, everybody.

I recently found this place via the CBG, and have been browsing around your forums all afternoon. I like this place, and I think I am starting to work past my "dearie me, they're so talented!" intimidation phase enough to actually participate.

I think most of my work does fit more comfortably in the purview of the CBG, but I've got a couple of maps, too. I need to get busy about improving them and making a few more. I could definitely use a little help in the way of tips and ruthless criticism.

I've been drawing things with ink on graph paper, scanning them, and editing them digitally, still keeping a very "by hand" look to the whole thing. I don't know if this is an efficient or effective way of mapmaking or not, because I'm making it all up as I go along.

Anyway, there doesn't seem to be a "how to do hand-drawn maps" thread or subforum or anything, so there's apparently no good place for me to just sidle in with a question. Am I missing something? Should I just throw down a thread in the WIP forum, post some maps, and let the pros show me how it's done?