Thread: January 2010 Entry: City of Tyrborg

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

This is going to look nice, I think, BUT...I really like the thing you had going with the regional map and a callout showing the city in iso. Not sure if it's possible to do with your new map but I thought it looked cool. However you go with it I'm sure it'll be sharp!
    M

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Using sketchup for the 3D blobs? Looks interesting so far.

Praise Yay - a Qashya Mal entry!

I look forward to this map, as its set within my khanate of Qashya Mal, I'd always hoped someone would do some more content in that land! Looking good so far!

Don't let this influence you, but I see Tyrborg as kind of a Grand Duchy of Moscow, Swede-like immigrants from somewhere in northwestern Asium have settled here and established a port to gain some of the wealth from the Grand City of Calishem, the western capital of the Khanate, and the terminus of both the Silk and Spice routes from the east. The viking like peoples of Tyrborg don't take well the foreigner ways of Calishem, however, they maintain their own culture in close proximity to Calishem, across the inland sea of Qashya Mal. The Khans lead the Mongol Hordes from across the endless steppes of Qashya Mal.

While Tyrborg is likened to Moscow, Calishem is like a cross between Baghdad, Constantinople and Samarkand.

GP
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 01-12-2010 at 12:48 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations