Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Rivercrossing at Weides

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Didn't notice until I took a second look at this - which is quite nice so far.

Your forest texture in the north has a case of 'tiling'. Not a big deal really but I thought I'd point it out anyway.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I like it. The cut-down forrest is one of these details that adds depth to the map. You should perhaps add some more fortifications (like trenches) towards the direction form where the attack is expected.

Also, their concept of "army" may not have been just "people with weapons and armour to hack things up" but may have included all of the "additional staff" needed to keep those people in battle. So for every group of 10 soldiers you might have 2 or 3 "support staff" maintaining horses, maintaining this, cooking that, etc, etc, etc as well as medical staff and nurses.

So while Xerxes may have had an army of 2million, I doubt he actually put 2 million people into a battle at any point in time.
    "Sacrificing minions... is there any problem it cannot solve?" - Order of the Stick

Some of the books I have written, or am still writing...
    My Lulu Store

I've already taken earthworks like trenches into consideration, I specifically made that area empty so i can put them in later, i'm working on the camp at the moment.

I've also already considered non-combat personel. My current army breakdown divides troops into 3 main groups, each group double as a form of non-combat personel when not fighting, they are as followed...

Career Soldiers - Trained as fletchers, blacksmiths, cooks and retainers to the nobles.
    Conscripts - Double as manual labour (wood cutters, builders, diggers, etc.)
    Irregulars - Hunters and gatherers, scouts and beastmasters

I also have around 200 medical personel on site as well as 50 priests for morale and blessings.

-D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Blog Entries

I'd just like to say that Midgarsormr's post on the last page was a really excellent, informative post. Nice one.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Lone> I don't think you're going to have the dual-ability you think you might have.

Most of your career soldiers will be trained at maintaining armour, weapons, tackle, riding kit, etc. They will have a separate group of trained smiths who would be making nails, arrowheads, spear-points, etc, etc, etc. Ditto for the others (fletchers maybe not, but only the archer regiment would make their own arrows)
    "Sacrificing minions... is there any problem it cannot solve?" - Order of the Stick

Some of the books I have written, or am still writing...
    My Lulu Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12