Thread: Paidixira - My first worldmap! HMOG!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

You're too right about my rivers. I have learned the error of my ways, and i'm improving my lakes now too. I'm working in photoshop CS4 with a large wacom tablet. I've seen photoshop tutorials for making forests, but in my experiences the texture I use isn't as perfect as theirs or they use a masking technique I just cannot match or some other oddity pops up. I really like the forests Tear made in his map of Durra, and I think something similar would work well on my map.

@cjs0216: here are the tutorials I used for the mountains and to direct the flow of water . From one novice to another, I suggest you keep trawling your creative net for more tut's. Their help has been invaluable
    Last edited by Slipguard; 09-21-2016 at 09:12 PM.

Default Now in glorious Panavision color!

This is my latest vesion of paidixira, with exuberant colors and depressed rivers. This is where I'm at a road block. The colors on the map are so far the best way I know currently to differentiate terrain types, but I'm not satisfied. I really want to have at least four different textures to work with. Forests, deserts, swanps, and grasslands, and I might do taiga and chaparral too. I'm on active search mode now, so any contributions will be time saving and useful. As for the placement of my terrain, i know that desert in the northwestern section of beozall is a strange place for a desert, but it has plot relevance. I'd love feedback for the rest of my terrain, and I'm not opposed to a total overhaul if the map needs it.

Your help is invaluable!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tu' Atriah_2.jpg 
Views:	784 
Size:	3.55 MB 
ID:	28142