Thread: Large map of the Principality of Ulek

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I had the same thought about the compass. It would look great on a Federation or other sci-fi map. It seems a bit out of place for Greyhawk, but if you like it, it works.

Things I like: the forests, your font choices.

Problems: The mountains (and in just a couple of places, the hills) have overlap that doesn't make sense. You see through the mountain to more mountain behind it. This can be cleaned up with the eraser and I think you'll be pleased with the results if you do so. Another option is to redo the mountains and space the symbols out a bit more. After all, when you're repeating the same symbol over and over, you aren't showing individual mountains, just marking the region generally as "here there be mountains", so the spacing is arbitrary.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected

You're quite right. I kinda like how the mountains ended up looking, but yeah, it does overlap in places. Part of the problem of not having a solid brush. Also, I think they're far too dark. I should have done them in a lighter tone -- a medium to dark grey perhaps -- or I need to find another brush thats more "sketchy" and less "inky" ... I didn't really want to repeat the same symbol .. it just happened to be the only one I have in my current set of brushes that I liked. Im looking for more brushes as I write this -- okay not literally, but I will once I hit 'submit'