Thread: Dropship

Post Dropship

Here's a dropship troop carrier I'm working on. There's actually a lot of detail in it, but you may not be able to see it. Stairs and ladders are a pain in the ass to make..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dropship.png 
Views:	293 
Size:	900.6 KB 
ID:	20288   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dropship2.png 
Views:	152 
Size:	926.7 KB 
ID:	20289   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dropship3.png 
Views:	161 
Size:	887.2 KB 
ID:	20290  

Are you using Sketch up to do your designs with? For a map you may want to get that to an orthographic view. If you think of a floor plan that is pretty much how they are done. You could mix elements but not in a map view. That is you could have an overall look of the ship in perspective then in orthographic view show it's deck layouts and so on.

If your ambitious you may attempt a ghosted or cutaway which could pretty cool too.

Ghosted - Hull is mostly transparent and decks partly transparent
    Cutaway - Hull has large cut outs showing the interior. This can be combined with a full view of the hull and then exploaded views can be cutaway.

I'll probably do a an overhead view, deck by deck once I get done with the models. That way you've got something sort of artsy looking and then a functional map as well.
    I've seen some traveller deckplans on here and star trek too.. are you guys using CC to draw them?

I once made a ship with an interior... I don't mind sending it to you, but it's a bit large...

That's cool, whatever you like. I was thinking to save a B&W top down view of the ship and then edit it in photoshop or gimp.. something like that. Erase everything but the walls and just add rooms and partitions accordingly. Then you can do the same with a side view.

It's called the St. Nicholas Class. It's not yet finished, but I don't think I will be working on it much more...