Thread: Cities of the Torentine Empire

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Daelin View Post

The border outlines around on your city map seem a little too faded, so I'm having some trouble reading the rather bright pastel colors. I'd like to see the same kind of black border on everything as on that one road on the north shore of the central peninsula. That has a nice boldness to it.

On the same map, the jagged hills (I think that's what they are) have a slight MC Escher-feel to them. It like that thing, you can't see all six sides of a dice at once, if you know what I mean? Anyway...

Awesome work, keep it up!
    thanks for the comments.. you will have to take this map as a.. placeholder if you will.. for all of the elements just pasted in from an illustrator version, esp. the old city stuff... the colors will be changing later (esp. that hideous camouflage) as i see appropriate. Kind of like the cells of an organism, all of the elements you see here will be replaced by the time the final is presented (0: There will be a ton of info overlaying what you see here so i will have to make that call on color later on. Depends on readability.

The "hills" you were talking of are actually earthworks for the fortifications of the old city which are still intact and protected by the government (0:
    They will also take on a different feel in the final... what look that will be i haven't decided yet. I want to go psuedo realism but i think that will detract from the informative detail.. we'll see..

i'll keep the thread updated occasionally to show the evolution of the maps.
    Last edited by a2area; 01-15-2010 at 07:07 PM.