Thanks for the welcome everyone. Friendly bunch. :}

I'm now going to address some of the comments...

ravells:
Oh, I've gotten into Photoshop (version 5 LE) and trust me... I don't texture. ;} I'm not good at it and I have doing every single minute of UV Mapping and texturing. Despite all the times I've tried using Gimp, it always has stability issues with my configuration and crashes and quits a lot.

My old tool used to be Photo Finish 3 (yes, a windows 3.1 app) and I've done tons of mapping with it. To this date, I still have yet to find a replacement for it that is as feature packed, but lightweight... And inexpensive. PhotoFinish 4 is a totally different monster. :{ PhotoFinish 3 does not work on XP, 2000, Vista or anything newer even with the compatibility setting.

Anyway, I prefer to spend my 3D time doing stuff that I like doing and most of it being illustrations and such. This is also if I dont spend a lot of time programming since there are VERY few website solutions geared towards RPG sites, especially the "nuke" portals. Of course this has to be balanced between work, and other stuff. :{ Sometimes I wish we had more hours to a day.

Thanks for the welcome. :}

RPMiller:
I've seen his posts around as well as him discussing his large format scanners.

The one map I have isnt too big since it consists only of 3 8x11" pages and can easily fit in my scanner one page at a time. Now the other one is a totally different monster. I'm wanting to keep that one since it is used frequently but I'm also working into digitizing it with CC2. I'd hate to see an image file thats 5 feet by 7 feet at print resolution on a computer. Its handy for wargaming so mailing it out will be a real bummer which is my main concern. :{ Its my only copy.

I've definately thought about contacting him and mailing off a few of my 11x17" maps also for one-shots. Nothing fancy, but they were fun.

pyrandon
Hehehehe... I like thinking outside the box a bit and even coin a new term if I can. If you use it, know where you heard it first. :p

Anyway... Thanks for the welcome once again. Here I'll show you all another map that was used in a game a few months ago whose concern was showing how a location was laid out. Not really too accurate, but it got the point across to how the place was setup. This image (and that domain) resides on a server located in my house, so its uptime will not be constant.

http://mgcjerry.net/school.gif