Thread: Hello from a Cartography Student

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Welcome and show us what ya got when ya get em.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Blog Entries

Welcome, good demo maps on that little link and you have loads more... chewy. And that list of software is cool. We have had a few people here with ArcGIS but noone who I think is particularly (at least publicly) proficient with it. And we have seen some talk of the illustrator plug in but not much actual talk of real experience with it. Then you have AutoCAD where a few members here us it pretty effectively I think some particularly so. Personally I dont know of Geomatica so tell us about it and also let us know your experiences with these bits of software and why you like some of their features.

edit -- well I have looked at the Geomatica website and I still don't know what it does. I get the feeling that it somehow organizes maps but it sure is a terrible website.
    Last edited by Redrobes; 01-17-2010 at 08:37 PM.