Thread: D&D Mars

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks for the advice, everyone.

I added/removed some lakes/rivers as well as better defining the volcanoes on Tharais (now more accurately named Tharsis.) I also adjusted the map's horizontal orientation for easier labeling when I get to that stage and added a grid (still needs tweaking) and a texture layer.

I'm still trying to decide:

1. Whether or not to include a compass arrow. It seems a bit redundant for a world map... Except in this case, technically the map is upside down. But I'm not sure if having the up direction as south would add unnecessary complexity.

2. Whether to create a series of smaller maps with different information on each or whether to create one big one and try to label as much as possible, atlas style.

3. How to distinguish labels for cities/towns, geographic features, continents, and seas typographically. (I added some samples on the image.)

With regards to Hellas. I always imagined it being a landlocked sea. I'm not sure how realistic that is but I liked the idea enough that I'm willing forgo realism for creative license. Of course, it wouldn't be that difficult to physically attach it to the rest of the ocean, so it's still up for debate.

PS: It just occurred to me that I may have posted this thread in the wrong forum. My apologies.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mars-atlas.jpg 
Views:	854 
Size:	861.5 KB 
ID:	21225