Thread: Hestia Revisited [WIP Fantasy Map]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip Hestia Revisited [WIP Fantasy Map]

Some of you may remember me from a few months back when I started work on a map by the same name shortly after joining the Guild, it quickly fell by the way side however as I became busy with other matters and lost interest in the map itself. After some time, I've decided to jump right back into the art of digital cartography. I spent hours laboring of Alpha maps that amounted to nothing because I didn't like the shape, etc. Therefore I decided to start off with my old Alpha for Hestia and start from there, but head in a different direction.

The style I'm going for is at some points an antique map and at others a satellite view. I've scoured just about every tutorial here but I'm hoping to create something that is ultimately of my own styling.

Hestia as of 1/20/2010

I would appreciate all comments, both positive and negative.

I would also like to hear some ideas as to where you guys think mountains, rivers, etc. should go on the mainland before I dive into that as I myself do not have the expertise of the river police. I'm also curious what people think of how I've applied the terrain. More to come soon I hope!
    Last edited by ExMachina; 02-03-2010 at 12:37 PM.