Thread: January Entry: Duchy of Lando

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Adept Facebook Connected Daelin's Avatar

This looks really great, Sapiento, and I was quite surprised to see this, as your original Amerika map was one of the inspirations that led me onto fanciful cartography. Anyway, this is awesome, and the background lore sounds just like the kind of silly outrageous pulp fiction that can make a hardcore sci-fi/AH nerd like me foam at the mouth.

I only have a few "comments", and these are so minor, I don't even know why I'm pointing them out. Anyway:

The compass stars and especially the scale bar seem a little to sharp, compared to the rest of the map. I think a bit of opacity-tweaking might solve this.
    The ocean borders look a little too jagged in places, especially around the Keys, in the south. I see this in a lot of maps, not just this one, and I think it has to do with the method used. Opacity might also solve this, but throwing in some kind of "feather" effect in the process of making them might work better.

Again, this looks really cool, Sap. Keep it up!

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Map

Thank you, Daelin, for the hints at the map and the kind words.

Indeed, the things you mentioned needed some improvement. I gave the stars and the scale bar a very light gaussian blur. The coast lines (the jagged line comes from turning a selection into a path, btw) I distorted a little bit more than in the original version.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Duchy of Lando.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	21301  

Is that the "Golf" of Texarado?