Thread: Crei

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Rythal's Avatar

I'm not sure if this will work on what program you are using, but try going into tools>colour management>optimize for web. I had that problem when I first started uploading as well. other than that, I'm not sure what the problum is.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Blaidd Drwg's Avatar

Agree with the previous comments. You may want to try some different, less saturated colours
    The shape of the continent looks quite nice, I think.

Most people suggested that I should use layers, but that is a paradigm that i am not very knowledgeable yet.
    Well, if you want to know more about layers (and photoshop (because what little I know (from experience) about AR comes down to: "AAAAAaaaaargh!")) and how some people here make maps, a very good place to start would be Butch Curry's www.zombienirvana.com. He has a bunch of podcasts on how to do maps in photoshop and actually teaches you some of the basics while you're at it.
    And the the tutorials section here is full of good advice, too.

Guild Novice

Thanks to everybody for the suggestions and sorry that I took this much to reply, but I am having some nasty hardware problems. Fortunately I will be getting a new PC soon to continue my work on Crei.

I used those colors to better separate them on gray scale. Also, because I do not know a better technique to differentiate grasslands/plains from highlands/crops from jungles/forests from lowlands/swamps from mountains. I personally do not like the way how most (if not all) of the pre-made icons i have seen so far look.