Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [IP] My latest project - Creative Gate

Default [IP] My latest project - Creative Gate

I've started a small project/website/forum for graphic designers, illustrators and other in the "creative business". It's not really "open" to public yet (but the forum is in place).

The Creative Gate will be a sort of meeting place for people in the graphic design business, a place to post CV and link to homepage, discuss jobs etc.

The forum is just installed and the basic boards are there. I will now start the design of the website and forum but some input on the idea and forum content would be much appreciated

http://www.creativegate.net/forum

The idea is somewhat similar to this place: http://www.cghub.com/ but I plan to make Creative Gate different.

//C
    Last edited by Carnifex; 02-03-2010 at 09:53 PM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Looks interesting. You're certainly covering a lot of territory there. With the established might of CGHub already out there you're going to have to be very clear about what you're providing that they don't. What are you aiming at?

I willl probably be aiming at the "traditional" publishing/advertisment/webdesign market. That's the business that I know best and it also differs quite alot from CGHub (they don't even "allow" photographers there, for example).

Yep, CGHub is closer to conceptart - very clearly aimed at computer art. But surely there are photography sites out there? I have to say that I don't know the market for that at all.

CGHub is an excellent model to follow. I wish you the very best with that. I'd certainly be interested to see it as it progresses.

I'm thinking my hub as a place where freelancers/small businesses can meet and also a place for those looking for freelancers.

Graphic designers, illustrators (including map makers!*smile*), photographers, web designers etc. Probably businesses like web hosts and print shops as well.
    Last edited by Carnifex; 02-04-2010 at 10:50 AM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Good luck...hope it turns into something great!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Did some updates and would like some feedback. Can someone register and just post something?

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

I just posted in the illustrators area pending a real portfolio post

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

I logged on and tried to post a message with some images in it. When I hit preview post it thought about it a lot and then told me it couldn't find the web page. No joy at all I'm afraid.

Do you have restrictions on whether new members can use img tags? (probably not a bad idea to stop spam) If so, it needs to fail more gracefully than that. If not, then there's something up. Best to try adding a post with images and then see what happens. It might just be me - I'm using Safari. Hmmm - now I can't seem to get into the site at all. Looks like a wider issue.

I like the new front page when you go to the site. Clean and professional. I like the background to the board too. You might want to look at dropping down the background colour on the posts a bit - white is a bit harsh for viewing images against.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast