Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Porting hand drawn images

Default $399.00 - Ouch!

So you do mean $399.00!! Ouch, that's expensive! I couldn't for the life of me charge that much for a digital scan. To do the same thing, I would charge $45, and though I would do it at 600 ppi if that's what you requested, but professionally I think 300 ppi is enough, unless you planned to print an enlargment of the map.

While I do have a large format roll-fed B/W scanner - its B/W not greyscale. If the work was in the hand-drawn style I use in pen, and not pencil with shading applied it might actually work though for the detail I prefer doing it the hard/longer way using the method I just described using a flatbed scanner. Using the large format method of scanning I charge $7.50 for lineart scanning - that's a far cry from $399.

It almost sounds like it would be worth the hassle to ship your hand-drawn work to me for future scanning needs adding the shipping costs to my shop and back and the $45 is much less expensive than going to your Fedex Kinkos - certainly not as quick if you were on some kind of close deadline, it wouldn't help.

Sorry, I can't get over the price you just quoted - that's crazy!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Whoops. I missed the decimal. Nope. Just $3.99. Whew. Probably gave you a heart attack. I would write the file myself, in binary, from a very finely drawn grid on my original if it was going to cost $399. No way, no how.
    M

Default Phew!

Phew, you scared the hell out of me! But then $3.99 might be a bit low for me to do that, when I said $45 that referred to a 24 x 36 drawing, grayscale or color with shading.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Unless he really means 39.99 but just has a problem with decimal points

My mouth hit the floor on that 399 price as well GP, and I was like, there ain't NO WAY NO HOW I'm getting anything scanned by a pro, LOL. I was thinking, well my camera might not be as good but it's not 399 worse!

I'm glad we got that cleared up at least.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12