Thread: The Horned Hold

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

This looks fantastic. I certainly love the feel of it. I like the idea that you used for the doors, and the simplicity of being able to tell which way they open out. Perhaps instead of using a white block, you could use a door, but have the mark similar to that of a building blueprint to indicate which way it swings outwards? Something still noticeable, yet less intrusive. The idea is very interesting, that it is built into the side of a chasm, love it The only other question I have is, why is it that one of the rooms (with the grates on the floor) is more blured than the other three? Not quite sure what is going on there.

JFrazier, I had actually tried that before, but they got lost. The problem I was running into was that the walls are a good 3 or 4 feet thick, so the "realistic" arc that the door would describe was almost entirely swallowed up. I tried clearing out the sections of wall above where the door would sit, but couldn't stomach the loss of that manly lintel above the door.

I eventually gave up and decided to come back to it later and while marking where the doors were going to be, I realized that I kinda liked the little temporary markers I had dropped down.

JDC, that room is a supposed to be a series of old cisterns. One of them is currently full, the other three are being used as holding pens.