Thread: CS4 extended plus silo 3d

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

HI Jax, 50 polys would be useless for these purposes - to get a decent landscape you need tens if not hundreds of thousands of polys. The folks at Silo have said that they might be willing to put up a copy of silo as a prize for our monthly comp - so watch the comp space. I'm still working through painting on the mesh in photoshop and getting some weird results at the moment, but the silo end is pretty straightforward.

Jaxilon,
    Silo is indeed stand-alone. It can export to several formats, one of which is bound to work with whatever renderer you're interested in using. OBJ, DXF, POV, and some others. It'll even save in STL format...just in case you want to maybe convert your virtual object into a real one! Now, truthfully, I usually have to flip polys, correct scale, and so on following a Silo export but I think that happens with just about any 3D app...they just don't work and play well together most of the time. I've never tried it but POV is the format for the free POVRay renderer. I used to play with that quite a bit back in 1990-1992, when it was script only. Never tried it since it has advanced but I expect it's quite good.
    M