Thread: Untitled Campaign Map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

And now I remember why I started turning mountains into brushes from my previous maps and just recycling them.. I seemed to have blocked the agony out of my mind after moving onwards

Still, that's overshadowed by the concept of "if you want them to look just so, the only way is to hand draw them".

Here's the layout so far, I've added in marker colours for the hill ranges as well. I realized that I'd made the working legend right on the shrunk version and not saved it, so you'll have to do without this time. Still, nothing else has been changed except the addition of brown to represent hills.

The last 2 days have been a bit slow going, my muse seems to have taken a break, but I've been getting in there and making progress anyhow. Sometimes you gotta say "i don't care whether i feel like working or not" and just do work

I was playing around with the layers a bit to test things, and though the mountains are a bit harsh black right now, it looks like they'll do what I want them to when all is in place.

Took a screenshot for this upload, 25% of fullsize (the unshaded mountains actually look kind of neat at this scale)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scaled.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	259.6 KB 
ID:	21755  

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."