Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: February Mapping Challenge Entry - "I love HP Lovecraft"

*gasps* NOOO, damn it why couldn't I have found that the first time!!!
    "Sacrificing minions... is there any problem it cannot solve?" - Order of the Stick

Some of the books I have written, or am still writing...
    My Lulu Store

Wip New border...

Included a new border... thanks to Djek

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tsaths Lab.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	22034  
    Last edited by Juggernaut1981; 02-25-2010 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Update WIP Tag... version not showing on Thumbnail site
    "Sacrificing minions... is there any problem it cannot solve?" - Order of the Stick

My Lulu Store

Now that's a border! Looking good. Well, kind of evil... which is good, because that's what it's going for.

Thanks...
    I also noticed something which may have been contributing to the "blurriness"... I had my noise layer WAAAAAY off alignment. But the new border helped lots.

I'm feeling like its done...

My Lulu Store

Looking excellent now. Can't find any flaws left to point out

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I was thinking the same thing Gman. Juggy, don't overclutter it now...just clean up miscellaneous things that forgot to get erased or aligned properly and little stuff like that.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Wow! What a great looking map. I love the border, and those blood stains look eerily real. I'm impressed. Have some rep Juggergnome.

cheers,

-Arsheesh

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Rythal's Avatar

one minor problem: the blood in the top right corner has a line on the edge showing where the image ends. you might want to feather that or something just to make it seem less like you put an image on top and more like actual blood. other than that it looks good!

Rythal> See this is why "big picture" thinkers like me need to hang around with friendly "anally attentive to detail" people like yourself...

Fidgeted, fussed and erased bits until it looked better.
    Oh btw... for those in the cheap seats... This Map was entirely done by Keyboard and Mouse. There were no pens, no shiney niceness... HOWEVER a fair amount was pretty much grabbed of the great internerd and laid out. Text is original but based on a story edited by HP Lovecraft and a story written by H P Lovecraft. The title is a bastardisation of one of his preferred "wacko-gods" and of course, perfection added by the various C&Cers around the place. I realised as I typed this that I forgot to include an important but kind of gruesome detail to the mansion grounds map... The Animal Mass Grave... *goes away to add... will post results later*

My Lulu Store

@RedRobes: The Thumbnail Scraper doesn't seem to be picking up my updates. Can you check it? I have changed the background for the image and it does look significantly different in the new version.

My Lulu Store

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast