Hi all,

I've wrapped up a few RPG projects, and now I'm looking to get back into mapping my campaign area in a new and expanded way. To make a long story short, my World of Trid setting needs a facelift.

For potentially commercial reasons, I'm game to remap Trid from the top down. Of course, time is a premium, so I want to maximise my available time by choosing the right cartography tool. I have CC3 (and many add-ons), Fractal Mapper, Hexographer (because, I admit, I love the hex map), PS, GIMP, and Dunjinni. I'm partial to CC3, but my ability doesn't always match my vision. I really like what I've seen some of you folk to in PS, but I'll need to climb the learning curve. Hexographer is easy to use and quite "old-schooly," but I'm not sure it's the look I want for Trid.

I'm looking to create a somewhat unique style--CC3 maps don't always have a lot of variety, it may take a lot of time to create my own style in PS or GIMP, Fractal Mapper is good but lacks precision, and Hexographer, while immediately accessible, won't produce immediately distinctive results.

Is there any advice from the experts in the community? I realise this is highly subjective, but I'd be grateful to hear from the group.

Cheers,

-Erin