Thread: First gimp-made map - "Ankae : the southern kingdoms - "

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

It's looking good, but I Karro is right about the mountains, they look like they're floating over the land. Have a look at the post in my sig about mountain boundries which may (or may not!) be of help. It also seems to me that you've got an effect where the land is standing proud of the sea, probably because of the perspective cloud effect and the fact that it's apparent that the cloud effect continues behind the landmass and comes out of the other side...another sea texture maybe?

Great work so far though!

Great work so far Riffman. What I liked most about this map was the shape of the land masses, and their position within the overall composition of the map-very attractive. Aside from the mountains the only slight infelicity (in my opinion) was the font used to designate your territories and civilizations. It seems to me that this font is a bit block-like, and just slight bit unclear. With so many great fonts out there to choose from I would recommend reconsidering the current choice. However this may just turn out to be a difference in taste, so if others feel differently about this matter they should speak up about it. Otherwise I liked your map, and I'll be keeping an eye on it as it progresses. By the way, here's a good link if your interested in checking out alternative fonts:

http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...y-Fantasy-Maps

Cheers,

-Arsheesh