Thread: Kelunia: Reworked

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I've been meaning to thank you for your brushes again also, StarRaven. I've used them a couple times now to great effect. So thanks!

Diamond - Ooh, that's great to hear! I'm glad you found them useful! Might I ask where you used them? I'd love to see.
    North or south or east or west, where to point your shoes...?
    Which direction is the best?
    If the choosing gets confusing, maybe it's the map you're using....

I've been mostly working on the hand-drawn map. First up is some close-ups of some bits of it that I really like at the moment:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	keluniacloseups.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	572.8 KB 
ID:	21885
    The top two are pictures I took this afternoon. Left: the pine forest (Marceline) and the griffon. Eventually I'll shade all the trees... right now, I'm about halfway done. Right: Khaldun. I'm pretty happy with the way I ended up doing the roads, and the river... well.. I keep thinking it kind of looks like tree bark....

The bottom two I took this morning, but nothing's really changed all that much, so I think it's fine. Left: Alphyns. Although there are some parts of them that I'm not terribly happy about, but I think I did pretty okay considering how small they are. There are some bits I should've been a little lighter with my pen, but... eh. Right: The hydra! He actually looks a bit different now, I added some stippling on him for shadows (you can't really see that in the full map picture so I'll have to take another detail shot later.)

The whole map is looking much better. It was looking a bit flat before.

Name:	keluniabyhand1.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	537.7 KB 
ID:	21884

I'm still pondering exactly how to shade the mountains, I sketched out some ideas - I know, they all probably pretty much look the same, heh, but I wanted to make sure shading at a certain angle wouldn't look absolutely awful or something... - I'm not sure whether I want to go with #1, which I thought looked good especially after I added that stippling on the opposite side of the shadow - or #4. I really like the stippling, but I have a feeling it looks a little too smooth. Hmm.

Name:	mountains.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	98.8 KB 
ID:	21886
    North or south or east or west, where to point your shoes...?
    Which direction is the best?
    If the choosing gets confusing, maybe it's the map you're using....