Thread: February Entry: the Necromancer's Lair

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Skull Chapel...

Calling this the Skull Chapel. Still no walls, but still more thinking to do regarding that. Threw in a moat of blood surrounding the altar itself.

Regarding the floor - I hate grids, they are distracting to the art of the map. While I understand their mechanical purpose, I always do my best to hide the grid whether through color choice or transparency. For this map, I'm experimenting. Rather than place a 5' grid, I decided to use the floor itself to describe the grid. Each flagstone and the mortar surrounding it, consists of five square feet. Thus the flagstones themselves are the grid.

Threw in some columns and stone sarcophagi - still more to do, but the chapel chamber is just about complete!

I see that everyone else seems to be making their dungeon fit in portrait mode (11" tall), I'm doing this landscape (11" wide), the chapel takes up about half the dungeon area - unless I reduce it to add more, but I think this is scale I'll be working with. Now the map is currently much larger than a page size, but I will reduce it to fit the landscape page, when I am complete.

Enjoy!

GP

### Latest WIP ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bone-altar.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	1.91 MB 
ID:	21855
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 02-05-2010 at 05:21 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations