Thread: February Entry: Hack n Slash Caves

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Default February Entry: Hack n Slash Caves

I've never really attempted anything like this, even when I used to play 25 years ago - a thought out and planned dungeon that wasn't just "kill a bunch of stuff and take their money". But, I'm also realistic - it'll probably end up that way. The main goal is to kill a bunch of bad guys, get to the "inner sanctum thingy", kill the smart baddie, get to the "main chamber" thingy and kill the big tough baddie, and rescue the princess. I guess you could sneak your way through the whole place but that isn't nearly as fun. I don't know what sort of monsters to put in it but having a bunch of different monsters living together seems kinda weird to me for some reason...I mean really, would you find a giant spider living in here with a goblin clan and some slime molds? Someone's going to win out and kill off the other stuff so that they can live in peace. I don't have any current books or manuals so maybe I'll stick with demons and devils since I know that stuff better. Anywho, it's all placeholder stuff for now when it comes to text and descriptions and whatnot. I also want to do it all grayscale to make it printer friendly. Long way to go.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Feb10chal.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	2.47 MB 
ID:	21875  
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps