Thread: February Entry: Hack n Slash Caves

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

No idea what dtp/graph design is DJ...the only thing I've ever been trained at is psychology but as a kid/teen I used to love to draw cars and comics. Everything else I just sorta think my way through and rely on my gut. I drew up some cave-lookin thing, selected the area inside the walls and filled that on a new layer with a grid pattern, and added a drop shadow. Really basic stuff. The stones are a masked off pattern (with a white color overlay set to Hue so that the color would be turned to grayscale) and the whole page has a guache pattern that has a gradient mask on it leaving the bottom left white for text. That whole part took me about an hour to come up with. I then spent three days going through fonts and changing my mind every half hour or so Today, I finished up everything except for some minor decorations that I'll be adding when I get in the mood (webs, border, n stuff like that).

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Feb10chal.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	2.96 MB 
ID:	21907  
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps