Thank you both for the suggestions! (Taking notes) I did go kind of crazy with the rivers, didn't I.

I was trying to make the Mighty River similar to the Mississippi River in idea; a long, strong river with a large watershed. I'll definitely use your suggestions! With Photoshop, I’ll try to show the terrain more clearly.

I'm drawing from an omniscient cartographer's point of view. It's a map for a novel I've been working on since I was about 5 years old. Of course, it's grown into a more mature and complex story since elementary school. Now, I'm trying to plot out the world for myself, to better understand it for myself...if that makes sense. If the novel is ever published, I will only need a few parts of the map, but there are a couple of races that have no place on the map. I was hoping that making the map based on what I already know could make a "home" for them.

The Bone Basin was an accident. I was working on that area when my hubbie looked over my shoulder and commented that it looked like a body part. So, a little peeved...I just frantically drew mountains and filled in the area with black in attempt to make it a lake. Didn't turn that great, but gave me an idea for plot. I was thinking a basin that was later filled with sea water by an epic earthquake? Perhaps, if I move it closer to the shore and make it much smaller it will be better?

How about the river running through the valley in the northeast? Is that too unrealistic? I need it to be a fertile river valley, like the Tennessee valleys in the Smoky Mountains.

(Note: The names of places will change. The goofy names are just WIP titles. "Bone", "Gre", and "Necro" refer to races that live in the area.)