Thread: an attempt at a city

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default an attempt at a city

Here be my latest attempt at making a map. This is the beginning of Laer Ia'Bor, roughly translated it means "White Rock City" or "City of White Rock". In the Dal Lands this city is pretty much the centre of the educational world, housing the great Domma al'Sava (Tower of Knowledge) and the first and only university in the Dal Lands.

The city still has a lot of work needed before completion. A bit is borrowed from tuts posted here, thanks go out to Ascension, Pyrandon and Tamariel (check spelling), but most of it is just made up as I go along. The buildings shown here are still experimental, they will change, I'm aiming for something that looks like buildings, made from stone, yet are not too complicated or grab too much attention from the rest of the map. I'm also still playing around with the land itself, mostly to try and some trees that actually look like trees.

Looking back on it now do i realise just how many buildings I'm going to end up with, so glad I didn't decide to do them all individually.

-D-
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Laer Ia'Bor.jpg 
Views:	485 
Size:	4.35 MB 
ID:	21916  
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...