OK. Like a kid at Christmas, I'm jumping between toys willy-nilly, and as I was randomizing up the coastline I decided to switch over to Ascension's Antique style for a little bit.

This was a little bit of playing around, but what I'd really like feedback on is the mountains. I used RobA's rotating brush script to make the single and V-line mountains - the "style", if there is one, is 2 parts Ascension and one part Colton (google Colton World Map, first hit)

I need to fix up the straight-line style a *lot*, and the V-line experiment I don't like at all. The straight lines I think I need to firm up some actual ridges - I was attempting to "build up" the range with mutliple levels of lines, but I'm not sure that really got the idea across.

I'd be best served with a tablet and an hour hand-drawing the little lines I wish I knew a way to get the lines to "lengthen" during a stroke; alternatively, if I were to stroke a path with this brush, it could take the length of the path, grow the line for the first 50%, and then shrink it back down for the second 50%. I may have to put on a coding hat and combine RobA's tapered stroke path with his rotating brush, but that'll be a long time coming.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	simpleatlas03.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	954.5 KB 
ID:	22231

Thanks!

Koewn