I am new to CG and I would like to start off by saying that the collection of information, techniques, members and forums hosted by CG are absolutely freakin' fantastic!!!

I have tried my first map using a range of techniques provided by CG tuts and am hoping to pull a few thoughts from the CG community. It is a continental map for a campaign a few of us are running.

I originally had alot of other small islands and mess around the coastlines which was working when close up but it got a little messy when viewing the full continent. So I have cleared alot of it out and kept some of the larger islands in the map.

The main area I am struggling in is the Rivers.

1. The southern area with the mountain lake and plains lakes/wetlands seems a little out of place. The basic idea is that this is a low land area ppoling water from the mountains aswell as some rivers running in from the higher plains areas surrounding. I cannot figure out what is bugging me though. Any thoughts?

2. The North Eastern river ends in the desert for a reason that is story related but the split to the coast does not work for me. Any thoughts?

3. The long river from the Northern mountian lake to the entrance of the inland sea might have too many branches coming into it. Not sure.

Thanks CG and thanks in advance to all that reply.

Regards
Naj

"Yes, I am a nuub, but surely there is someone nuuber than me!"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Westfall1024.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	108.5 KB 
ID:	21997

PS: I hope I posted this right... here's hoping.