Thread: Lost Duchy - First regional map for comment

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Hello and welcome to the guild!
    Thanks mate.

Crtics: I really like the mountains, they give a very good height feeling. They could use a bit more of texture, tough, but I'm not certain about that.
    The lower slopes have more texture than the higher bits. The mountains seem to get smoother as they get higher, I'll need to fix that.

What needs improvement are the rivers. They look as if they are carved out with a one size pen (which they are I think), then there are these white lines in it which is very irritating. And the northern source of the river that comes from the mountain in the north west looks as if it flows up (Actually I think you began with this river and then you became much better in drawing them).
    They were cut out with a simple pen. I suppose they should get narrower as they get higher or - more properly - wider as they flow down. Any tips on how to do that, besides simply drawing better? So you don't like the white lines. They can go, they were a random addition from an experiment. On a second look I do see that northern river merrily flowing up hill, cresting the ridge and then flowing down!
    Last edited by Azinctus; 02-11-2010 at 09:58 AM.