Thread: Getting Photoshop to do the hard work...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Layerstyle maps with nice pattern fill textures are a great way to make maps quickly in photoshop with the added bonus that if you want to extend the map off one edge, you can just increase the canvas size and keep drawing (and crop afterwards to make a new map if you want to). If you're after objects, then I suggest you either look at the Dunjinni website or in the 'news' section of this site (look for Mark Olivia's symbol sets), where you will find lots of pngs of objects like Barrels, armour, statues etc to put in your dungeons.

Welcome to the Guild! You have some nice clean battlemaps there!

Blog Entries

Theres loads of resources of items as bitmaps like PNGs. You would have to taken them, scale and rotate them. What you need is a stamp tool which is what that is for. So make the base map in PS, stamp chairs and chests down on top. There are some good free stamp tools as well as pay for ones. You can also use a VTT as a stamp tool as well. I write one (see sig) but its a pay one. There is Dundjinni too. DungeonForge is a free one which is also good. MapTool can do this as well as Battlegrounds RPG as two VTTs both very capable of it.

For resources the Dundjinni forums have a lot of items. Our forum has some stuff. The CUSAC is a very large repository of images to use as stamps too.

Hi Joel,

I'm new here too.

http://rpgmapshare.com/

Is another good site for objects.