Thread: Lin e Rin

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Nice map, only 'few' river violations, but a damn nice map all the same.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

This is nice.

Are the glyph on the border actually Japanese or do they just look like it? I don't know Japanese but am going to guess no - and if that's the case then congrats because they look pretty convincing and that's hard to do.

I'm working on an Asian-themed setting focused on their "China" and I haven't figured out how to handle glyphs yet. I'm using standard Chinese pronunciation for "Romanized" writing but was trying to figure out what to do about signs and so forth in images. I sort of don't want to use actual Chinese characters...but haven't yet figured out how to mimic the style convincingly without doing a Van Gogh, where some are copies, some are poor copies, and all of it looks like caca.
    M

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Are the glyph on the border actually Japanese or do they just look like it? I don't know Japanese but am going to guess no - and if that's the case then congrats because they look pretty convincing and that's hard to do.
    They just look like, it's the alphabet of the dominant language of Lin and Rin:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	alfabet lin e rin.png 
Views:	246 
Size:	410.6 KB 
ID:	22172

To draw this kind of glyph, i used the calligraphic tool of inkscape, and now i work with the old nibs of the greatmother of my wife (and to draw old maps it's very funny and look nice).