Thread: Lin e Rin

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Really cool map, gavachas, and let me add my name to the others admiring your alphabet. The only thing I don't particularly like is the way the cultivated areas appear drawn in.

mearrin69: you might find this helpful, particularly on the composition of Chinese-like characters (less so on the appearance of the characters). As far as the appearance of your characters go, draw up a bunch of simple glyphs (for example: simplified pictograms, flipped or inverted versions of Latin, Greek, or Hebrew letters, parts stolen from real Chinese or Korean characters, etc.) and then build complex characters out of these elements. Each character should be roughly square shaped, and you can put your elements on the left, right, top, bottom, upper left, etc. Including elements like triangles, circles, U-shapes, etc. that don't typically appear in modern Chinese characters can give your writing system a distinctive look.

Then draw them with a calligraphic brush like gavachas did! If you want to be really authentic, figure out a consistent stroke order and stick to it.

Edit: repped, now that I've figured out what that means and how it's done!
    Last edited by Scott Livingston; 02-19-2010 at 12:23 PM.
    Visit Tornalia (it's beautiful this time of year)

Awesome link. Thanks!
    M