Thread: Testing out CD 3 - WIP on Small seaside town.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Looks pretty good. Bright colors but good. I could see myself using something like this.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Member Facebook Connected Elothan's Avatar

The bright Colours are more a result of the styleset i used in CD 3, I think they will be toned down a bit later

I switched from CC3 to another mapping program before CD3 was released, so I've never seen the product and don't know what its limitations are, nor do I really have much of an idea what it does and doesn't do. It may be that there isn't much that it will let you do about what seem to be some strange effectsto me. If CD3 lets you do it, you might want to think about changing the scale (or something else, depending upon what CD3 offers) to get rid of the rather pronounced pattern redundancies in the water fill and the grass fill. In the water fill, these redundancies are so strong that it looks like the water is smudged everywhere, and it's always the identical smudge. I've had a question for a long time about CD3 maps. Every one that I've seen so far always has roofs of the most incredible colors. That includes the demo maps on ProFantasy's web sites: Fire engine red, lemon yellow, snow white, parchment creme, etc. I've never seen a real world roof that looks anything like these roofs. That isn't intended as a criticism. We're mapping fantasy RPG locations, for the most part, and these roof colors lend a location a character of being somewhere else than in the real world, which has its merits. Nonetheless, I'm curious. Is a CD3 mapper limited to these roof colors if he or she wants to use the CD3 tools, or is this more or less a preferred style of the CD3 mapping community? Or is there some other reason why these kinds of roof colors are chosen?
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project