Quote Originally Posted by Katto View Post
Most users use the predefined backgrounds, houses etc., because it is convenient I think. You can change everything, import textures for roofs and backgrounds and so on.
Does CD3 (as opposed to CC3) fill out streets with buildings made from imported third party symbols, or does CD3 only produce its own generated building symbols? I'm referring to raster symbols only, not fills or textures. With CD2, one could define street autofills only within the range of CC2 Pro's own vector concepts. CD3 might do the same thing, or it might work with actual raster symbols. I'm curious which is the case. I haven't seen a single CD3 (as opposed to CC3) map to date that has any buildings that aren't CD3 style. I'm getting the impression that CD3 can't use anything but its own graphics in making automatically generated streets. That impression comes both from all of the CD3 maps I've seen to date and from reports from people who have downloaded our raster symbols for buildings. They can convert them and use them with no difficulty in CC3 as individual raster symbols, but they say that they can't be incorporated into CD3. They may be right, and then again, they might simply not know how to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Katto View Post
In my opinion most people are scared when they see the UI of this program. Intuitive is a word that don't match with CC3.
Right. I learned that the hard way when our group produced the "Northern Journey" adventure several years ago. We used CC2 Pro, CD2 and DD2 to make the editable maps we distributed in maps CC2's FCW format. The great majority of user complaints that we received were from people who didn't want to climb CC2's great learning curve and urged us to find a different mapping program.