Thread: Testing out CD 3 - WIP on Small seaside town.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I agree with Elothan. In the ProFantasy Forum you will find a thread with tutorials:
    http://forum.profantasy.com/comments...scussionID=928
    Have a look at tutorial 1...

Quote Originally Posted by Katto View Post
    I agree with Elothan. In the ProFantasy Forum you will find a thread with tutorials:
    http://forum.profantasy.com/comments...scussionID=928
    Have a look at tutorial 1...
    Good. I looked at the tutorial. I don't believe it answers my question, although I might be wrong.

The main reason I'm asking this is because we've gotten some mail from CC3 users who have downloaded our Cartographic Collection, which contains more than 1,000 raster symbols, mostly of buildings. There also are other raster building symbols available free in the CSUAC, at RPG Map Share and in the Dundjinni forums. They're much better quality than the CD3 symbols I see in maps. Our symbols and those work from the CSUAC, Dundjinni users and RPG Map Sharework fine in CC3 after being converted, but only as individual symbols.

People who have CD3 are asking whether there's any way to use our symbols, converted for CC3, together with the CD3 street generation tool. I haven't the foggiest idea. I worked for about a year with CC3 and DD3 before giving them away, but I've never seen CD3. I have told folks to inquire at ProFantasy, but at least some of them found the answers that they got confusing and not helpful.

So ... if the answer is yes, if one can use third party raster symbols with the street generation tool of CD3, and someone can point me somewhere that tells how, I would be delighted to pass that information on when I'm asked and help those CD3 users get more from their program.

Thanks for your replies so far!
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project