Thanks for the welcome back. I've missed this place, but haven't stopped thinking about it. Every once in a while I was able to drop in and toss a few comments about, but I've just been so crazy busy these last few months. As for it being a labor of love and patience, no question there. I love the landform of the area I grew up in, the mountains, the valleys, the dunes and rivers. Every time I go home, I spend at least a day just driving around to re-familiarize myself with the area and always discover something new.

I spent about an hour, this morning, looking through some of my surface map/textures for Terragen and have a pretty good idea where the coloring is going to go with this, but that's gonna take a bit of major tweaking. The only thing I haven't even contemplated just yet is how I'm going to identify the cities and towns. I'm very tempted to try to do something in the Terragen rendering process, but may have to fall back on some post rendering edits in PSP. The same is likely to go for the major roads as well. But as I said earlier, all in all, I'm quite happy with the way things are going, and my enthusiasm for this particular map is overflowing to the point that even during my slower nights at work, I get to thinking about how I might accomplish some of the little details.

GW