Thread: Could you please color my map?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Are you looking to just have this one colored or are you wanting a completely different style? Maybe you could have a look through the Finished Maps section and post a link here to show us what you're looking for. For what it's worth, I think your map looks pretty nice except for the red squares.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

heh the red squares are just a reference for cities, I put them there just for a friend at school so he could get an idea of where everything is located,
    http://nazarenodelastorres.net/image...nte_n-uevo.jpg
    this photo is a reference for the kind of terrain and color scheme I wish to be present, with the exception of forest and woodland wich I want more green, with greater concentration near the mountian, and the mountain itself I would like to be snow topped, I would like the textures not to flash too much, as for text, no text please I would like to add it on my own later on when I think of the names, the water I would like to be of a more pale and opalescent color, soft to the eye, I would like folds and a faux paper effect (but quite subtle, not too flashy) also i'd like a scale and a compass, the map itself preferably high resolution, some rivers and a lake if possible (but I would like them to look rather small in comparison with the map itself, the map covers not 31 sq kilometers, sorry I had miscalculated it, 62 sq kilometers, that's the size of the province, the gulf I would like to be coasty and the poor vegetation that exists to be made of eucaliptus trees mainly (our coast is like that here) sands being less thin, darker and with grey tones.
    Last edited by dragonsnout; 02-24-2010 at 06:20 AM.