Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Muddle's map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

yes, will add cities and villages after the major landforms are finished... at this rate that might be a while before I get there....

Wip Little pixel map icons

Decided to take a break from landforms and generate a few icons (citys, towns, castles, temples, etc.) for this map. Attached are a bunch of hand-made ( assembled one pixel at a time ) icons... would love to hear what people think of these... I really enjoyed making them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ICONS..jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	22.0 KB 
ID:	22683  

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I really like those! Cool lookin'.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Nice job on those...
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Nice icons.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Ya need to make a brush set out of em or is that part up to us? I like em anyway.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

I don't mind making a brush set eventually... i am still in process of making more of these things, I expect that there will be a bunch more of them when i get finished... I can't seem to stop making new ones!

Default More icons

I have continued to work on those icons, lots of new ones to show, and more in development, will post again when i have more finished

Name:	icon3..jpg 
Views:	368 
Size:	139.5 KB 
ID:	22807  

Still working with icons, developed a sort of modular approach to creating icons for cities and major settlements. Here's my first attempt at placing icons onto a map. The style of the icons and the landforms on the map seem rather different. (which was intentional)... I have mixed feelings about this combination. Anyone want to share their thoughts? ( you may have to download and zoom into the attached image to see icons clearly)

Name:	setup-hex-map9..jpg 
Views:	324 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	22872  

The white of the icons is a bit overwhelming. What if you tried one of the darkening blend modes? Also, the aliasing quality of the icons and the coastal outline is at odds with the rest of the map.

Very nice image! I'm eager to see what you do with labeling, especially if you keep these icons. That and the cartouche(s) could do a lot to help the two styles integrate.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast